Sound Effects can make a movie. (They can also be
sparingly used in a PowerPoint slide show) These files are
all in "aiff" format. "mp3" and "mov" files will also work.
To use these sound effects in iMovie:
- Save them to your folder or the Documents folder
on the computer you are using.
- If you will want them for several uses, drag the
sound effect file into the iTunes Library. It will be
available to iMovie via the Audio shelf.
- If this is a one-time use, move the playhead to
the location where you want the sound effect to
- From iMovie go to the File menu and select
- Select the sound effect file and click
- The sound effect will appear on one of the audio
tracks, usually the lower one.
- Some sound effects are very short. You may need
to magnify the clip in order to move it exactly where
you want it.
- If the sound effect is not loud enough, you may
need to double it or use Sound Studio to manipulate